The Multnomah County Health Department's Community Wellness and Prevention program works to reduce factors that cause obesity and chronic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease. We’ve joined forces with schools, organizations, workplaces and government agencies in our community to change policies and create environments that promote physical activity, improve nutrition and decrease smoking in Multnomah County.
How we are working in the community:
- School Initiatives - Working with seven school districts in Multnomah County to create policies that increase children’s physical activity and increase healthy food choices in schools.
- Active Living - Working with land use and transportation planners to promote walking and a healthy city infrastructure for everyone in the community.
- Healthy Eating - Working with retailers and community partners to advance policies that support the availablity and afforability of healthy, local food.
- Tobacco Prevention – Promoting tobacco-free environments and encouraging quitting among adults and youth.
- Health Inequities – Convening community partners to develop policy solutions to chronic disease inequities experienced by some communities.
This group does not have any discussions yet.